You want to grow your business.
You need more phone calls from new customers to reach the goals you’ve set for your company. You know the best way to get more calls is by ranking higher in local search rankings.
Specifically, you want your business to show up in the top 3 spots in Google Maps. You’re ready to hire an SEO company to help you improve your online presence, and start bringing in more new customers, but you don’t know which agency you can trust to deliver the results you need.
If you read our article on How To Choose An SEO Company You Can Trust herein, you know I’m a big proponent of asking for case studies or client success stories. Why case studies? Because if you’re looking for an SEO agency to help grow your business by driving more organic traffic to your website, you want to know that they have the ability to consistently rank clients in the local search results on Google Maps.
If you want to grow your business by generating more leads online, the absolute best way to do that is ranking in the top 3 spots in Maps. Denver, Colorado is a very competitive market for just about any business category, so if you want to compete for those precious few rankings at the top of local search results, you need a company that does more than claim to be a Local SEO expert.
Internet marketing case studies
Here are a couple of examples that demonstrate why asking to see case studies before hiring any internet marketing agency can save you a lot of time and money.
We have clients come to us all the time after another Denver SEO company has failed to produce results for them, and one of the first things we do is a complete site audit that helps us identify areas of weakness, and which elements need to be optimized or corrected.
During a few recent site audits, we noticed that several businesses had shockingly poor metrics, especially considering they had been paying for search engine optimization services.
The image above shows that this medical spa business only has 27% of the 45 most important citations and profiles that a local business should have. That’s about the average percentage we would see for a business that has never invested in any sort of SEO service.
There is no logical explanation for a business that’s paying an SEO agency to have such a low score on this citations report.
Here’s another example. This law office only has 29% of the top 45 citations and profiles a local business should have. Not only that, but three of their citations contain errors that can affect their rankings.
SEO for lawyers is serious stuff. Online rankings for lawyer-related searches awesome of the most competitive, and expensive clicks on the planet. An attorney website with such poor SEO metrics has zero chance of ranking anywhere near the top of local search results.
Both of the SEO agencies that listed these businesses as clients show up very high in the local search results SEO companies in Denver.
So, we decided it was worth checking to see if the citation scores for their agencies were any better.
Believe it or not, the citations scores for these SEO ‘experts’ were only slightly better.
One agency had only 49% of the top 45 citations a business should have, and the other agency as you can see below, had 51% of those top citations BUT… a whopping eleven of their citations have errors! With only nine of their citations being correct, they have more business citations with errors than without.
For an SEO company to have such a low citations score, and/or a bunch of errors in the few citations they do have is inexplicable.
One thing you can count on, there is absolutely no way any SEO company could ever get your business to rank well in local search results while ignoring something so basic. So it’s doubtful that you would find local SEO case studies featured on the websites of agencies that don’t know, or don’t care enough about doing what it takes to help clients rank in the top spots on Google Maps.
The objective of this article isn’t to criticize another agency’s work. In fact, you can see that we’ve blurred out the names of both the SEO agencies, and the local businesses I used in the examples above.
My goal is to emphasize the importance for making sure any internet marketing agency you consider hiring has local SEO case studies of their actual clients featured on their website.
If you don’t see local SEO case studies, that’s a strong indication that the agency in question does not have a strong track record of helping their clients rank in the top spots on Maps. If you own a business that serves clients here in Denver, the absolute most valuable real estate in search results are at the top of Google Maps. If you want to grow your business, you need a top local SEO expert to get you into those top spots so you can start generating more traffic to your website.